Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day #1: 15 Interesting Facts about Moi

In case you didn't read my last post, I have decided to partake in a 30 Day Blog Challenge. Each day a new topic/question about myself will be answered. Today is the first day, woot woot! I was supposed to include a recent pic of myself with this post, but alas, my SD card is jacked up and no pics can be taken on my P.O.S phone. Admittedly though, I'm secretly happy since I am not a fan of being in front of the cam. Especially since putting on extra weight. Humph.That will be a different post on a different day. Anyways, on to the task of the day. 15 interesting (or not so much) facts about me. 

1. I have never gotten all the way through Bloody Mary, Candy Man, or any of those "come through the mirror and slash your ass up" characters. I've gotten as far as turning off the lights and saying it twice. I've even said the first syllable of the first word of the third time. But THAT is it! I flip that light switch back on and haul butt outta the bathroom. Why tempt fate and evil beings? No thank you!

2. This somewhat relates to #1 I guess. I don't sleep with any of my body parts hanging over the edge of the bed. Specifically where the boogey man or hidden serial killer can reach up from under my bed and drag me under. I've seen the movies, I know how it works. 

3. I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. I enjoy them, but I cannot help but point out some obvious flaws in the script. EX: crazy, knife wielding, blood drenched killer is chasing you through the house. WHHHHHY the H-E double hockey sticks would you run upstairs?! Hello? Now you're stuck and only way to get out is to jump from a second story window. Chances are you're going to break some bones in the fall, killer will get you, and your ass is grass anyways. I'd rather have a fighting chance and run out the front door and into the public eye at least. Sheesh people. Think smart, not hard. 

4. If I'm walking with someone I have to walk on the left side. I have no idea why. If I'm on the right side, I will switch. It drives me nuts. 

5. I'm a fairly fast typer even though I never took any classes. I learned because I loved hearing the clickety-clack of the keyboard. Made me feel like a bad ass and productive. 

6. There have been multiple times I've had precognitive dreams. I've dreamed about something (my friend's pregnancies, sick relatives, people I haven't seen I ages) and come true EXACTLY how I visualized it. Freaks me out but has also gotten me interested in the subject. 

7. I complain about my kids repetitive bee-boppy songs and TV shows.. but I will rock out in the car to their Disney "Shake It Up" Cd. My fave is #9. I even know the hand motions. It stays on repeat. (covers face in shame)
(Now it can be stuck in YOUR head lol)

8. I've stopped buying thongs. My backside has gotten so big nowadays that my other undies end up looking like thongs, so why buy more? So sad. 

9. I wish that I could be a dude for just one day. I wanna get in their head and see what is wrong up there, j/k fellas. Us gals are just as loony. And yes..I'll own up to the fact that I want to see what sex is like for a guy. I can already pee standing up if need be, so really booty would be the only thing I'd wanna try out. 

10. I am a huge bookworm. Always have been. I was a killer with the Pizza Hut Book It program. Those individual pizzas were the main source of food for me when I was a kid. I will keep books and read them 3+ times. I was super excited about getting the Nook when it came out, but realized I missed the feel of turning an actual page. The smell of a paperback. Technology is amazing, but sometimes you gotta go back to the basics. 

11. I have old people eyes. I can't see a street sign till I'm almost past it most times. Just got a new prescription for my glasses a couple months ago and she said I'm borderline bifocals. Actually she said I need bifocals but I balked so she upped the strength for single vision lenses. I'm not trying to race my way up and over the hill. 

12. I'm not a kisser. As in a maker-outer. Goes back to my first kiss leading to a not so stellar experience and I guess I've always associated it to that. I know its a big part of intimacy, but I have learned to show my affection other ways. Sometimes I wish I could get over the block and just play tonsil hockey with someone, but can't seem to. 

13. I am trying to work on letting go of grudges, the past, ill feelings. It's harder than I expected, I think mostly because the lack of trust I have with some people. I'm giving it an honest go though. Have seen repairs in certain relationships already, and hope that they continue to be genuine. 

14. I am more like my mother than I would ever care to admit. She is my nemesis and the cause of alot of my low self esteem and stress issues. Everything that drives me bonkers about her though..I see in myself. Opinionated, hard headed, bitchy. She's also where I get my strong will from and that has helped me overcome many of the shitty hands life has dealt me. Since I know she won't ever see this I'll go ahead and say I love her. In some way. Deep, deep down. Damn I almost choked over those words!

15. I just got another rude-ish comment on one of my posts while typing this one up. It bummed me out, then pissed me off. Why do people have to be such jerks for no good reason? Silver lining of that though, just inspires me to keep on with this. Gonna do me, stick to my guns and live up to my blog name. You can Lovette or Leave It. I always give a shout of thanks to people like that because the ones who say I can't or the ones who push me harder to say "oh yea? watch me!".



2 comments:

Tina W said...

Lol. Number 8 made me bust out laughing...although thongs are my fave, and find them the most comfortable, I feel your pain. 13 hit home. Good for you...the way I see it, even if things don't work out, its always a reassuring feeling knowing you at least made an honest effort. And 14, sweet but funny. *Points finger in mouth followed by gag sound*

mom2knlx3 said...

Gee wonder who the inspiration for #13 coulda been? LOL

I know I gagged myself as I wrote out #14, LOL