Friday, June 8, 2012

Day #3: Hey baby, whats YOUR sign?

Real quick, was I the only one who said that in the creepy skeezy guy voice?
Day #3 of TBC (from now on I'm using that abbreviation for The Blog Challenge) and the question up is:
What is your Zodiac Sign and do you feel it describes you?
Yours truly is a GEMINI. Do I feel it describes me? Hell to the yea. (99.9% at least)
I pulled info from a couple various sources. I've always thought I matched the Gemini personality, but wanted to test out some other signs. I asked some of my close friends their signs and sure enough when I looked them up, it fit them almost to a T. Maybe there is something to all this astrological stuff after all. 

The Gemini sign is typically the "twins"- we are said to have a dual nature. FYI- I'm fairly positive that is not the same thing as bipolar :) So humph to those of you that know me who have said that! 
Actually the one below is probably more accurate!

Gemini and Independence:

Gemini are extremely independent. They will not be pinned down by anyone or any rules. They need to experience the world on their own. Change and freedom are extremely important to Gemini, they will never let anyone dictate them, they are extremely independent and freedom is essential to their mental well being.
I wouldn't say I don't adhere to rules. However the rest is fairly accurate. I hate the feeling that I'm boxed in by someone else's control. 

Gemini and Friendship:

Gemini make very interesting and exciting friends. They like to leave their mark on everyone they meet. They are very flighty and will disappear for a long time as they meet new friends and explore new places. But when they come back, they will have new thoughts, opinions and interesting things to share and ideas to teach. Life is very interesting and fun with a Gemini friend. If you need any advice, Gemini is the one to ask. They are masters of communication and they can help you get what you need by helping you with persuasion and enthusiasm, and they give good advice too. Do not however, bog a Gemini down with all of your emotional problems, they are not want to deal with it because it depresses them and steps on their freedom if you need too much long term help, support and follow up. A Gemini friend can fill you in with the latest gossip and if you love conversation, the Gemini delivers! They are very generous with their friends, they will spend lots of time with you and share everything with you. Even though Gemini is a social butterfly, they always need time for themselves and that should be respected.
I have had friends get upset with me for falling off the grid. In my case it's not because I'm exploring new places, instead its life getting in the way. When I get stressed out, depressed, anxious I don't want to burden them with my worries. I also tend to pull within myself during those times making me more introverted. I feel it's the opposite of what they say above. I don't mind my friends coming to and leaning on me. I try to stick with them to the end of whatever problem they are having. If a friend's troubles depress me it's only because I care about them and it hurts me to see them upset. I definitely agree with needing time for myself. Sometimes I just need to decompress in peace. 

Gemini Temperament:

Gemini have the ability to react instantly to situations, and as a result, they have a very nervous temperament. They can be compared to a wound up spring as they attempt to absorb everything they can about their surroundings at once. The fact that they enjoy various situations and people add to their nervousness and that means they are almost constantly wound up. However, if they experience boredom and have nothing to survey, they get the same emotions, the need for excitement and variety. This is the Gemini duality, constantly conflicting emotions in one spontaneous, excitable package. 

Gemini in a Nutshell:

Gemini people are many sided, quick both in the mind and physically. They are brimming with energy and vitality, they are clever with words. They are intelligent and very adaptable to every situation and every person. Gemini are curious and always want to know what's going on in the world around them. They are not one to sit back and watch the world go by, they want to be involved. This can sometimes make Gemini nosy, they do not mind their own business! This is because they really enjoy communicating, more so then most other astrology signs, they are the ultimate social butterfly. Gemini can talk and talk, but they have interesting things to say, their talk is not mindless babble. They have interesting opinions and thoughts on things and are not afraid to speak their mind. They are always in the know and are the one to see for the latest juicy gossip. Lacking perseverance, Gemini easily goes off topic to explore another thought or idea. Gemini are superficial, they will form opinions on matter without diving into them and exploring them fully. This can lead them into thinking they know everything, which they usually do but their mind is too busy to be concerned with fine details. Routine and boredom are Gemini's biggest fears. Gemini would rather be naive then know the depressing truth, they do not want anything putting a damper on their freedom or positive energy. 
Gemini's are known for having a way with words. Whether spoken or written. On the positive side we can inspire those around us, but on the dark side we can also use words like a sharp sword. We can utilize it as a tool. I have exes that said my way with words was crazy. I could mind f*ck them with one sentence. Eek. Others have said that it makes it impossible to argue with me because I am always a step ahead. Over time I have tried to curb that side of it, but like it says I am not afraid to speak my mind. Routine and boredom are certainly not my greatest fears. It's actually ironic, because that's what my life is. Routine. At first thought I agreed with the comment about preferring to be naive, but the more I thought on it the further I got from that. I would much rather know the truth no matter how crappy it is. Ignorance is NOT always bliss!

What it's like to date a Gemini Woman:

The Gemini woman is truly enchanting. However, dating her might feel more like a friendship then a real relationship due to her casual nature. This is not necessarily a disadvantage, for the casual man who shy's away from overly romantic emotions, she is the perfect woman. Since she is the astrology sign of the duality, she offers quite the challenge. One one hand, she needs to be nurtured, loved and catered to and on the other hand, she needs stimulation and novelty. She is very demanding and if you do not provide what she wants, she will be off onto the next adventure pretty quickly. To keep her interested is a challenge, not completely impossible so she is the perfect woman for the man who likes stimulation and a challenge. She needs a partner with a quick mind, she tends to poke and prod at the emotions and the minds of those who are mentally slower then her, make sure you can keep up to her wit or you will briskly be left behind. She is prone to keeping men on a string, not completely heartlessly, she is evaluating if the man is worth her attention and her time she has no time to waste with a dull man. Once you have her approval, she can easily become jealous. The reason for her is jealousy is that if she is going to open up to a man, when she rarely completely opens up to anyone, she does not want to risk her being deceived or hurt. If you are with a Gemini woman and she becomes jealous, you are on the right track to true love! Gemini women are so exciting that they are worth the effort, you will remember her forever!
I'll be the first to admit that I can be a handful! To keep me you have to be able to stimulate me on ALL levels. Your mind can be one of the sexiest things about you in my opinion. I'm glad that they pointed out that I am not completely heartless. I have been called that by men on multiple occasions. I don't set out to be that way. They hit it on the nail when they say I am evaluating. Not only for myself but also for the little ones who depend on me. Not so jealous until given a legit reason. What really resonated with me is the comment about not fully opening up to anyone. So true. When you have been constantly let down or hurt it's damn near impossible to put yourself out there! I try not to let the hurts someone has put on me affect my relationships with others, but not always an easy feat. 

How To Attract Gemini:

Love to talk, that is the first rule about impressing a Gemini. Be knowledgeable about what you talk about too because Gemini are intelligent and have lots of knowledge about many things. If you are an expert on a certain topic, teach them about it, you will impress them because this know-it-all sign is does not usually know fine details about a lot of things, they are too busy to bother to learn. Speak your mind, engage them in a friendly debate but never be too conservative, they find this dull. Be honest and loyal to a Gemini, once they have had their trust broken they usually will never get it back again. Gemini are easy to date, they will do any activity anywhere. Just have fun, like you would with a friends because that's what Gemini are, a great friend.
I love a man who is willing to express his own opinions and not just conform to mine. Someone that can have an engaging, interesting convo with me gets big brownie points. Oh yea, I'm not easy when it comes to gaining my trust back when you lose it. I will give a chance, maybe two, before I cut you out. I've learned that lack of trust can erode a relationship, even when you genuinely try to repair it. 

Sex With Gemini:

Gemini loves to experiment and sex with a Gemini is full of novelty and excitement, trying anything and everything nearly anywhere. Gemini is not for the faint of heart or the shy and secretive lovers! 
Ha. What do I even say to that?! How would I know? But if it's true then toot toot!!

There were so many sites and tons of info I just chose the one who broke it down in the most basic way. I had a blast reading through everything and can say I learned a lot about myself (lol). If you're also a Gemini you can click the following links to see more on us spectacular people! Even if you are a different sign you can also visit the links and choose your matching sign. 

I'd love to hear from ya'll on what signs you are and if you felt it accurately portrays you. Can our birth dates really have a pull on who we are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading my sign. I must say I'm quite surprised how true this describes me. I'm a vergo and although they broke dates down for specific traits, I have to say that a part of every trait describes me the T.

Chris

(Only way I can post)