Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thena's 31 Life Lessons

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to me, HaPpY BiRtHdAy to meeeee!
Today marks me being 31 years young (at heart that is). I don't feel or look any different, although I have noticed ONE stubborn hair that is trying to turn grey on me. Luckily it doesn't stand up to my tweezers. As for the tiny wrinkles beginning to form, for the time being i'll embrace them since I can pass them off as laugh lines.

I've got to say though I miss that emotion of anticipation and excitement that came with birthdays when you were 13, 16, 18, and the almighty 21. The milestone years. Now I have another 9 years before I can say that. 

Truth be told, my life hasn't quite turned out the way I had envisioned it. I always thought by now that I would be more settled and have more to show for myself. Money continues to be an issue, I still don't have that degree, not a home owner, no hubby. It'd be fairly easy to focus on all the cons. However, that's not my style. I may be raising my 3 children without a husband or bling on my ring finger but who cares? I'm kicking ass at it- or trying my hardest to. All the things I mentioned above are still completely in my grasp, will just take some more juggling on my part; which we all know is a big mom talent. 

We are supposed to grow wiser as we get older. Perhaps I am. I realize that everyday holds some type of trial, lesson, or opportunity to grow. On that note I figured for today's post I would share 31 things I have learned about this beautiful chaos we call life.


I could have written them out in my own words but I chose to go with visuals instead. These are some of the ones that made me nod my head and go "mmm hmmm thats's right!"

Would love to hear from you guys on what you've learned along the way!

** I didn't realize that the below slideshow would open in a new window (give it a couple seconds to load). I will attempt to fix that, but in the meantime perty pleeeease be willing to watch it anyways since I slaved over it :) **

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture slideshow by Smilebox



No comments: