Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello World!

Today is May 25, 2012 and this is my first blog entry, yay! It's the middle of the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas surrounded by a pile of laundry that's calling to be folded. Domestic duties can be put on hold though, this is my outbreak into the blogging community! BTW the whole me in pj's is just helping me get into the "blogger" mindset that I've heard so much about, so don't judge me off just that please.

My name is Athena and I'm a single momma to 3 children that are quite possibly the loudest that I know. They are the cute whirlwinds that sweep through my life everyday leaving a trail of various messes, making me laugh at their antics, causing me to want to have a glass of wine while they whine. If you're a parent I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying. I'll be the big 3-1 this weekend but feel about 61 mentally. My life is a chaotic, blessing filled mess. If you stick with me as a reader I'm sure you will realize there are various aspects to my personality. I'm fairly balls to the walls when it comes to speaking my mind. I've had my share and then some of  negativity,bs and heartbreak through the years and it lends me a jaded edge. I balance that out by being a complete romantic at heart and a firm believer that "through the darkest nights, come the brightest days".

This blog space will most likely be filled with complete randomness, whatever has lit a fire under my butt that day will be the topic. No tellin what that may be! Since I'm just the average woman trying to do it all, I'm sure alot of you will be able to relate. So make this YOUR place too. Speak your mind! I love feedback and ideas.

I'm just getting this blog off the ground so in the meantime I thought you could get to know me a little better through the eyes of others. * These are not paid endorsements (Unless you count me asking nicely with a cherry on top). I told them to keep it real and they did- esp. Jeremy who put me on blast before he confessed that I'm actually quite awesome.


Athena is a spitfire, and that isn't to be taken lightly. She always says "I speak my mind because it hurts to bit my tongue", and let me tell ya this gal definitely isn't afraid to hold anything back, She's one of the few women I know who wears a halo, sharp set of horns, and a big pair of balls all at the same time; and wears them all with pride. Balls to the walls is an understatement. She's blatantly honest and doesn't sugar coat. She is stubborn, impulsive, impatient, and a little arrogant at times; but that makes her the person I've grown to love over the years. Athena is corky, clumsy, sassy, not one to ever back down from a challenge, strong willed, charismatic, smart/witty beyond her years, and loves wholeheartedly. TINA W.


 Well... definitely the lip gloss queen! A sassy seemingly shy girl at first but fierce flirt when she wants to be!!! Outstanding mother of three who is organized and witty. Brilliant poet and beyond clever with words on paper. Hilariously silly and so much fun to be around...shimmy shimmy!!! i miss you;-)   EVY W.

Good- money saver, With our $ problems during our relationship we still didn't let that affect anything, kids first, discipline your kids for bad and reward for good behavior ie when you gave KY a $1 for being good in public all day, you can cook good, i miss your pizza or any of your cooking in general. I could go on all day with the good stuff. Bad- moody, but I learned to accept that from a mommy with 3 kids, its not easy for you. JASON B.


The best way to describe athena is single mother who puts her kids and family first. I've noticed she raises her children and still finds time to watch her grandfather. Athena is also very smart in bargain shopping getting the most out of less. And on top of that all she is a rare female that can think like a dude when it comes to relationships and have a great sense of humor as well. CHIEF L.R


In my words you are frustrating, bitchy, impatient, spiteful, and sexually charged. But you're also funny, witty...and alot of times I still kinda wish you were my girl because you're awesome and I kinda love ya a lil. JEREMY B. 



I was Thena's best friend for a long time. I miss her like crazy sometimes but life and circumstances drifted us apart. The first two words I thought of to describe her are naive and push-over. She probably wants to kick my ass for saying that, but in Thena, these are her good traits. She is one of those people that will give you her last dollar even though she doesn't know where the next one is coming from; I've seen her do it. She likes to say her heart is locked up secure, but it is just the opposite. The door is stuck wide open....anyone can walk right in. Since all people aren't as sweet and trusting as she is, this causes her a lot of heartache. Sometimes she tries to cure her heartache with TUMS (spelled backwards), but it is a defense technique.To sum it up, Athena is a great friend to have in your life. It's up to you to decide what to make of her. You can take advantage of her friendship or use her friendship to your advantage. There is a big difference in the two. STACY D.


What can I say about Thena? She is a wonderful mother who puts her children first!! She loves new adventures and never backs down to a dare. Which sometimes can be a funny thing to watch. Spontaneous, loving, caring and a true friend when you really need one!! O yeah got to say she is a major, um, B**** if you get on her wrong side. LOL South Carolina lost out on an awesome person when she moved back home!! So wish she would at least come for a visit soon!! We miss her so!!! Love ya girl! CHRISTI E.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Athena is an amazing woman. The best part about Athena is she is truely "REAL" in every sense of the word. She is true to herself and family. She doesn't hide or sugar coat anything, and she isn't afraid of her past, present, & future. She excepts and works with what her life has given her and is proud of that. Never take Athena for granted because she is the time of friend that is always there for you. She is a great mother, and following her blog is a blessing in the life of an honest single mother and life and love. Anyone who reads and follows could learn a thing or too from Athena and should be glad to be apart of this. Love you girl!

mom2knlx3 said...

Sniff...my very first comment! Couldn't have asked for a nicer one either. Thank you so much.