Saturday, May 26, 2012

Always put your fears behind you and your dreams in front of you.

I was brainstorming for future post ideas earlier, and visited one of the sites when I came across http://fearsvsdreams.com/  and got inspired to do THIS post. 

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?

That's right, I'm asking you to question yourself. When I ask about your fear, I want you to dig deeper than spiders, crowds, etc. I'm talking about the kind of fears that may be hindering you from reaching your dreams; OR you could be on the opposite end of the spectrum and use that fear to fuel your passion to attaining it. 

If you're a reader who doesn't know me you may be thinking is this one of those "serious", "motivational", "downer" bloggers? Serious about motivating and inspiring someone? Hell to the yes. Don't we all enjoy the  knowledge that we have touched someone or made an impact. A downer? Not me! There will be plenty of posts from me that are light hearted and fun, but the introspective serious stuff is part of life too, right?

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST DREAM?

Success in climbing the corporate ladder? Making that paper to live lavishly? Fancy cars, bling, fame? Off the top of most people's heads that would probably rank somewhere in there, but how about the non-materialistic ones hmm? The ones that are vital  to making you into the person you are destined to be? To be remembered for something positive, to help others in need, etc? There is no right or wrong answer here, and certainly no judgement. Not only that but you never know who might be reading your answer and can help you get there! 

I think we can all agree that sometimes LIFE has a way of being a major pain in the tuckus. Its beats the shiznit out of us, sidetracks us, and is a B with an itch. I know for me personally, there have been times where I have lost sight of what I wanted and needed to do. It's easy to fall into the rut of "it's good enough". I say to hell with that. We all need a jumpstart sometimes to get us in the right direction to making our dreams happen. <-- That was my lead into being able to post this song :) I think I was supposed to add it here because as I was typing this it came on Pandora and doesn't it go hand in hand with this last paragraph?! Musical fate ya'll. It's real. 
"Dare you to move" Switchfoot

Since I'd love for you to share your FearsvsDreams answers with me I posted mine for all to see. 

One of my favorite quotes about life <3
For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin- real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness IS the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination. 
~Souza


No comments: